As I was studying for my final for History of Graphic Design, I came to the realization that Americans have always been imitators of the great. In some cases, they improve on what already was, but the idea is rarely originally their own. Under no circumstances do I exclude myself from this. After all, as a designer, I more find inspiration from things around me rather than coming up with these brilliant original ideas.
Reading through my textbook, it seemed as though the Europeans that fled to America during the war brought these brilliant ideas with them. Only to be criticized and ridiculed for what ignorance thought was not up to par. But in reality, although many of us can look at something and say it does not look like much, the person next to you may be willing to pay thousands of dollars for it. So maybe we should work on appreciating everything. Not just limited to art. But apply this concept to life in general..
"Transition" SGI ink pen & acrylic on canvas
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment